Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Small penis - Worried
Oct 8, 2003

Dr Bob

Although this may seem quite comical, it has a very serious side, I recently had protected virginal sex with a sex worker in Spain while on a corporate hospitality weekend (three months ago) this was totally out of character as I am 30 year old male married with 2 children and have never been unfaithful to my wife so firstly the guilt is killing me, secondly my penis, is lets say, not on the large size, and to make matters worse the call girl only had large condoms in her bag. During sex I felt the condom slipping, I then withdrew my penis (still keeping a hold of the condom) she then slipped the condom off my penis and started to masturbate me on the bed until I climaxed. My worry is this, could virginal fluid entered the condom because of a loose fit, and if so would the internal spermicidal lubricant helped in killing the HIV virus. I have been worried sick, ever since, I am experiencing all the classic ARS symptoms, cough after about 10 days, and swollen glands in my neck, night sweats (although this only seems to happened when I have been lying in bed shaking with worry unable to sleep, and then wake up two hours later sweating). I did go the GUM clinic a month after the incident and asked to be tested for all STDs which proved negative, they did not test for HIV as they said it was to soon to give a conclusive result I am scared stiff to now go back and have the HIV test as I feel suicidal just thinking about a test coming back positive, what I really need is facts about the possibility of infection from this single encounter, you recently advised that the possibility of contracting HIV through an incident involving a known HIV positive woman and a man making love when the condom broke was less than 1 if that is true should I really be worrying myself to death.

Donation will kindly be given, thanks for taking time to read this.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Tiny Weenie,

Corporate Hospitality Weekends include "virginal sex?" Now that's what I call hospitality! What kind of corporation do you work for anyway? Also, if the Senorita was a sex worker, just how "virginal" was that horizontal flamingo dance anyway? It must be hard to keep them in supply, since they could only be used once, right?

OK, now on to your real question. First off, how small is small? Are we talking slightly less than the 6-inch average, cocktail sausage size, or a gherkin? OK, never mind, I was just curious. At least it's flattering to know the hooker thought you'd need a super-size stud glove. I think your worries are unwarranted. The condom stayed on, so it couldn't have been that loose. The chances of vaginal fluids traveling up the sheathed (albeit loosely) shaft of even a munchkin would be extremely unlikely.

Should you be worrying yourself to death? Absolutely not! You've been screened for STD's all negative. That's good. Now if you remain worried about HIV, go back and get your 3-month test. The odds remain astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this "hospitality."

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
dr bob remember me?
Next
HIV, Thalassemia and anemia

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.