Why not Clomid for low testosterone?

Hi Doc! I hope you're feeling well these days. Your fans (and we are legion!) look forward to many more years of Dr. Bob.

Here's my story: after suffering from fatigue and low libido for the last couple of years, I got my testosterone tested and sure enough, it was low. My doctor put me on Clomid, and boy, did it work. My Vitamin T went from 260 to 860! Best of all, the only "side effect" has been... Well, I'm sure you can figure it out!

And now here's my question: I don't see much mention of Clomid in this forum. Why not? What's the catch? It's kind of pricy, but it works so well. Was I just lucky?

Clomid? Are you sure about that? Clomid is used to treat women trying to get pregnant, but having difficulty with ovulatory dysfunction. It does not have androgenic (testosterone-type) effects that I am aware of. Check the label on the prescription bottle again. Also, if it does say Clomid, better check with your HIV specialist to see if that's really what he wanted to prescribe and if so, why he prescribed it. You didn't mention HIV meds, but I'd also be a bit concerned, because Clomid can be hard on the liver, which is where most of our HIV meds are processed. In the meantime, the "side effect" you better watch out for is multiple pregnancies! Write back with more info, OK?

seroconversion at 3 months?
dr bob remember me?