seroconversion at 3 months?

Gday from Australia DR Bob, i have been reading your forums and they are great, your responses are fantastic... lets cut to the chase...

I went to a sex worker (female.. i am male) just over three months ago and engaged in mutual masturbation. i had her fluids on my hands (after inserting a finger in her) and masturbated myself. I worried myself sick and tested negative so far at 4 days, 12 days, 7 and 8 weeks and at just over 12 weeks (12 weeks and 2 days. I was extremely stressed and worried before the last test, ie:not sleeping, depression, anxiety, etc. I got my results and woohooed!! Where is this going you ask? well, at exactly the 3 month mark (five days after my woohoo) my throat swelled up and so did my glands (generalised) i also suffered fatigue for a couple of weeks and slight recurring fever. Could this be the stress reactivating the epstein barr virus? (i had glandular fever when i was 16) I have been back to my doctor for another HIV test but am freaking out. I also was prescribed antibiotics by my doctor as he at first thought i just had a throat infection and that has since caused disruption to my bowels (lighter stools) and also some weight loss. Am i cool? or is it possible to seroconvert at exactly 3 months? I have trawled the internet and have found nothing... I had an ELISA antibody, proviral dna and a p24 antigen test at the 12 week and 2 day mark, If sero conversion was just around the corner would these have tested positive? Please help me put my mind at ease and i will send you a kangaroo or two :)

thanks for your time. -Mister Mcworrylots

Hello Mister McWorrylots,

If you've been reading my forums, you should know this forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks with fatigue and anemia problems. Right mate?

All the testing, prevention, transmission, and sex stuff needs to be sent to the Safer Sex/HIV Prevention Forum. After all, you don't tune into a highbrow classical music station to hear Kyli Minoch wail "la la la" now, do you?

However, since I have such a soft spot in my heart for you Oz boys and the Mister McWorrylots line is clever, let me at least make a brief comment. First off, as I have posted many, many times, mutual masturbation does not pose a significant risk for HIV transmission.

Second, testing before 3 months is not considered definitive, so why do it?

Third, 3 months is the same thing as 12 weeks. The immune system really doesn't know how to count days, minutes, hours, or seconds. So despite "Thirty days has September . . . . blah, blah, blah," your "12 weeks and 2 days" is indeed definitive.

Fourth, an ELISA test at 3 months was all you needed. The proviral DNA (PCR) and P24 antigen were just overkill.

Fifth, your symptoms are not consistent with HIV ARS. HIV cannot be diagnosed by symptoms.

So, are you cool? Well, I need a bit more information to answer that:

1.Do you have a gym-toned killer physique? 2.Trendy haircut? 3.Buy your clothes on Oxford Street? 4.Move well on the dance floor? 5.Exude sexuality?

If the answer is yes to all, then yeah, you're cool. What I can say, with the info you provided, is that you do not have HIV. OK?

So, Mr. McWorrylots, you need to change your name to Mr. NoWorrysMate.

Now when can I expect those kangas to arrive?

Stay well.

Polyarthritis
Why not Clomid for low testosterone?