Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Tired and Depressed this morning
Mar 12, 2001

I submitted a question several days ago. It was about anemia and low testosterone. I am HIV positive. Today, several questions were posted and mine was not one of them. While I know you can't answer all the questions and maybe you have not received mine yet, however what I find depressing is that lately I feel this forum is slowly becoming a place for "the worried well". I know these people need advice, but I must admit I cringe when I read about someone who has tested over and over and are negative but are still convinced they are poz (I wish I had that problem) and they get a response and I don't get mine answered. Oh well, I know this probably just my depression/fatigue from my low testostone (and other problems, anemia and I think my lactic acid problem is back) making me write this. And with all this said, I really do appreciate this forum and especially you Dr. Bob, I have learned a lot over the past three years. I see my Doc tommorrow, so he will be hit with all my questions. take care....Anthony

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Anthony in Atlanta,

Please accept my apologies for the tardy response. On March 5th when your question was submitted, I was in Barcelona participating in an HIV/AIDS symposium and I did not bring my laptop. I returned 48 hours ago to find my mailbox well stuffed! I started answering questions most recently submitted and just didn't get down far enough to see yours. It's an excellent question, by the way!

I also very much appreciate your comment on the worried well! I, too, would love to have that problem! Your comment gives me the chance to remind all our readers that questions regarding transmission and whether you might have contracted the virus should be posed to the Forum on Safe Sex, Prevention, and Transmission. My forum is dedicated to problems dealing with HIV-related anemia and fatigue. Anthony, I hope you get this response before you visit your physician tomorrow. The response to your March 5th question has now been posted. Thanks for the thanks. Stay well and write back anytime.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Psychological?
Next
Tired of Being Tired

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.