ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION

About a month before I tested positive (and after I got infected), I noticed a dramatic drop in my libido. I am not as easily aroused as before, my erections are not as strong and frequently disappear after a few minutes.

After I tested positive I thought this was due to my seroconversion (and the ensuing sky high viral load). The problem has not disappeared since.

My viral load is now down to 20,000, T4 count is at 650. I was infected around November 2002. My last negative test was October 2002.

I am not taking any medication (hiv or other).

My doctor assumes this is more of a psychological problem. I think this is inconsistent with the fact that it occured BEFORE I knew I was infected. I never had the tell tale "flue", and for all intents and purposes I am in excellent he

Certainly there can be psychological causes of decreased libido, but considering you are HIV-positive, I would certainly check your testosterone level as well. If it's low, testosterone supplementation might be just the thing to get Mr. Happy up and smiling again.

always tired
Help my boyfriend!!!!!!