|procrit and insurance
Aug 19, 2003
Hey Dr. Bob,
Is Procrit covered by my insurance? And what do you think about Schwartenegger running for Gov.? You're the best on the net! Thanks for all you do. Also, how many folks who say they are going to send a donation to your organization actually wind up doing so? I'm sending you another check today! The check really is "in the mail" ciao Another fan
Response from Dr. Frascino
Since I don't know exactly what kind of insurance you actually have, I can't answer your question very specifically. What I can say is that Procrit is indeed covered by the vast majority of health insurance programs. Sometimes HMO's or other "managed care" (often more appropriately called "mismanaged care") organizations may require the physician to provide certain (usually excessive and time consuming) documentation prior to approval, but ultimately it should be covered. For assistance with reimbursement and insurance questions, call the Procrit-line at 1-800-553-3851.
Schwartzenegger? Well, in his first official week as Conan the Candidate he:
1. signed on Warren Buffet, a billionaire who thinks California's property taxes are too low. 2. couldn't remember meeting with disgraced Enron executive Ken Lay. 3. hired campaign consultants with questionable pasts (Rob Lowe). 4. remembered he forgot to vote in 5 of the last 11 elections. 5. has been unable to answer a single policy question.
So, I'd say his first week is matching up to his experience and abilities fairly well. Remember how good Ross Perot looked before everyone realized he was a total wing-nut incompetent? Perhaps we'll see the same with "Ahhnold" and hope that he "won't be back!"
Donations pledged in the questions versus donations actually received? I'd say about 25 percent of those who promise a donation actually winds up sending one in. But that's OK. I'm very thankful for generous and compassionate folks who do send a gift.
Stay well, fan,
Tell me the truth about Viread Please Dr. Bob :-)
- Can Obesity Cause Peripheral Neuropathy?
- Can You Get Hiv While Wearing A Condom?
- Hiv Risk And Canker Sores When Kissing
- Can You Get Hiv On The First Time You Have Sex With An Infected Person?
- What Is A Good Viral Load And T-cell Count For Someone With Hiv?
- Where Are Genital Herpes Sores Located On Women?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.