procrit

Hey Dr.Bob, Hope you don't think this question is silly or weird but where does Procrit come from? I plan to try it soon for my anemia and just wonder where it comes from. Thanks for everything ... especially you zany ability to make us smile even when were are dealing with this horrible illness. We love you! Roger

Hello Roger,

Silly? Weird? No, not at all! Arnold Schwarzenegger thinking he's qualified to be governor of California? Now that's silly. And gay Republicans are weird. Your question is quite normal by comparison.

Where does Procrit come from? That's easy. It comes from the pharmacy. Oh, you mean before that? OK. Procrit is a substance identical to a hormone that your body produces naturally called "erythropoietin." Erythropoietin is made in the kidneys. Procrit is produced in the laboratory, but as I mentioned, it's manufactured to be identical to the naturally produced hormone. Procrit, just like your body's own erythropoietin, stimulates red blood cell production. It has an excellent track record for safety. Procrit is self-administered once per week via a small injection given just under the skin. It has been clinically proven to be remarkably effective in the treatment of certain types of anemia HIV-related anemia, for one. I'm sure you'll find it helpful.

Tired,nausia and light headed
procrit and insurance