Tell me about Testim

Thanks for a sense of humor that is at least as bright as your medical advice...much needed and appreciated.

Just diagnosed on May 30th, my testosterone number was 182 (had been 544 in a physical a year earlier). It went down to 170 a month later. I hadn't felt THAT fatigued, but as a gay male Jewish hypochondriac, I fo course feel fatigued now.

My new Dr. gave me a scrip for Testim, an apparently brand new (no searches on the body came up with anything) alternative to testosterone shots or androgel (the latter, inexplicably, is not on my insurance formulary). I also got a testosterone shot--surprisingly UNpainful--in his office. I would actually prefer the shots, but with a co-pay every week, it would be too /too much hassle.

So tell me what you know about Testim. I'm supposed to do two tubes/day. Will I have headaches? Acne? Get 18" biceps and a six pack? Seriously, will I lose fat and gain muscle keeping my current (decent) gym regimen?

Many thanks.

Hello Gay Male Jewish Hypochondriac,

Testim is a gel formulation of testosterone similar to AndroGel. Try a "Google" search if you want to find very detailed information on the product.

Will you have headaches and get acne as a side effect from your testosterone replacement therapy? Probably not. You have documented (and confirmed) hypogonadism. Your Testim is merely replacing what your system should be making on its own. Will you get 18" biceps and a six-pack? Of course you will. That is if you go to the gym twice a day for the next several years. Seriously, yes, testosterone will help you burn fat and gain muscle with a "decent" gym regimen.

You can recheck your testosterone level (and size of your biceps) in a few weeks on therapy to see if the dose of testosterone needs to be adjusted. Good luck. See you at the gym.

Reverse Facial Wasting without meds
Can you feed me some information regarding recent Paris conference