Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Lower levels on Testim
Aug 5, 2003

I was having difficulty with erection and increased fat gain. I had my testosteron level check and it was low total 258 free 12.9 percent free.5. I started Testim and felt great and my spontaineous erections returned. After about three weeks everything went back to the way it was so I had another level drawn. After 5 weeks on Testim my levels droped to Total 217 free 8.7 percent free .4. HELP!!!!! I don't understand why my level is lower now than when I was on nothing

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Well, I wouldn't get too worried about a single lab test. If your erections are back, that's good news, right? First off, consider getting your testosterone test done again to see if there was a laboratory error. If still low, consider trying AndroGel another FDA-approved topical gel formulation of testosterone. It might have more consistent absorption.

Dr. Bob

Previous
CMV still a problem? How do you prevent it?
Next
Does Glucosamine interfere with HIV Meds

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.