sed rate and exposure

Dr. Franscino

I ahve been told by my GP and by other doctors from the body that a high sed rate would an infection or inflamation in the body so and that since HIV is an infection an HIV+ person would USUALLY(I know everyone is different) have a higher sed rate than 1. I was told that there sed rate might be in the normal range but would most likely be higher than a 1. Do you agree with this? My only possible exposure was recieving oral sex one time a few years ago my GP told me that due to my exposure and my sed rate being a 1 it would be "highly unlikely" that I would be HIV+. I know that sed rate is a non- specific test but do you agree with this? I would appreciate your opinion.

Yes, I agree with my colleagues: Your risk was low. The sed rate test is non-specific and should not be used to diagnose possible HIV infection. If you are concerned, get tested. I think that will be the only thing that will set your mind at rest no matter hom many times you ask the question.

RJF

HIV Burnout
fatigue? fear? depression?