Not anemia

Doctor Bob. I wrote to you and you responded to my question on June 16. Thank you. My bloodwork shows that I am not anemic. I still am very lightheaded, fatigued (although this seems to be lessening a bit since I was put on androgel for low testosterone), and I still have a muscle weakeness that becomes a pulsing sensation at some points during the day. I was at my doctors today and he does not have any real possibilities to check at this point. I am at a loss. I am usually very upbeat and able to cope, but this is getting a big old. He did check the other endocrine systems, in addition to testosterone, and I am ok there.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I have also been thinking about going to someone at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore for a second opinion. Any suggestions? I reviewed the bios and doctor Joel Gallants seems to be very knowledgable.

Thanks again.

Rod

Hey Rod,

Glad to hear things are improving at least a bit on testosterone supplementation; and that you are not anemic. A second opinion for difficult-to-diagnose problems can be helpful. However, since you only recently started AndroGel for your hypogonadism (low testosterone), you might want to give this a chance to work. You'll need to repeat your blood testosterone level on the medication to see if your levels are now in the normal range. If not, your dose may need to be increased. If this and everything else that your HIV/AIDS specialist checks out are now normal and your symptoms persist, sure, consider having another specialist take a look. Dr. Gallant is indeed knowledgeable. Good luck. Keep me posted.

Undiagnosed Fatigue
I need more energy