Can Testosterone be administered through the rectum?

My doctor prescribed testosterone for administration to the skin, he recommended applying it to my scrotum. The tube of testerone came with a tube applicator, similar to one with KY jelly. With KY the instructions suggested that the jelly could be applied by inserting the applictor in the vagina or rectum for better lubrication. My question is: what would be the reaction of my body with testosterone applied by the tube inserted into my rectum? Would this assist in absorbtion? What harm could happen if I am careful about inserting the tube (It is not as large as an erect penis)/ I am curious about this. Thank you for your advice.

Jerry

Hello Jerry,

I hope you are still just "curious about this" and haven't started trying to squirt testosterone up your bum yet!

Commercially available testosterone gel is called (in the United States) AndroGel. It (and presumably your product as well) should not be inserted into any body cavity, including your butt! Nor should it be applied to your scrotum. (You should let your doctor know this! Actually, your doctor should know this already, but just in case he doesn't, you should advise him!) AndroGel should be applied once daily (preferably in the morning) to clean, dry, intact skin of the shoulders and upper arms and/or abdomen.

Please note: AndroGel (or any topical testosterone product) is not KY Jelly and should not be applied to the rectum, even if it does come with a "tube applicator."

Talk to the pharmacist at the pharmacy where you got your medication, if you need additional advice. Do not try to put things where they don't belong just because of their shape. Remember, just because a banana is shaped like a Mr. Happy, you wouldn't try eating one with your butt, would you? (Maybe you better not answer that question.)

Anyway, the bottom line is you should keep the testosterone out of your bottom, OK? Stay well.

Biochoice Immune26
Anemia in Masturbation?