Anemia, and Procrit isn't helping!

ON 4/16/2003 I wrote you about Procrit and Anemia in my partners condition, he was changed in meds. from Combivir,Procrit,stopped the Doxil. Went to Zerit, and Epivir, and the anemia went away. It seemed that the AZT in the Combivir was supressing the bone marrow from producing red blood cells.

Glad to hear your partners anemia has improved. Both the AZT in Combivir, as well as Doxil, could have been contributing to his problem in different ways. I hope that your partner is on more than just Zerit and Epivir, as this 2-drug regimen would be very suboptimal on its own. I also hope that your partner is under the care of an AIDS specialist. If not, he needs to be.

hiv cure
Ped Hiv, Rom. adoptee