Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Can we Clone you?
Jul 2, 2003

Dear Dr. BOB,

I just wanted to let you know what I think of you! Are you ready? I think you're the COOLEST Doctor dude to walk planet earth.

I've been poz for just over a year now and logon to your site at least once a week religiously! I'm in excellent health, not on meds, and have never had a reason to post. But I thought I'd let you know what I think of you since you so much remind me of my hiv doc. As it turns out he was my physician long before he ever became my hiv doc. His nurse told me that he's been an hiv doc since the first cases in the early 80's. That was the day I called his office in a panic. I could not believe he cancelled two afternoon appointments to see me! We spent a good three hours talking and he could not stress enough that I it was not the end of the world. I could not have been luckier. I see him every three months and it seems I'm in his office forever as he takes the time to make sure I'm healthy in all other aspects of my life. It's more than a numbers game to him, and that is how I feel about you. I think you're simply the best and I just love your bed side manner!

Is there anyway we could clone you and have you practice in Toronto?

To you're continued health and happiness!

Stay Well

AC

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey AC,

The Coolest Dude? Now that would be some kind of compliment. "Coolest Doctor Dude?" --- Well, OK its still a compliment but Im sure you know most doctors dont score all that well on the "cool" scale. (However these dudes do very well on the nerd scale, not to mention worst dressed lists.)

Im delighted you are receiving the compassionate and competent care you deserve. I wish everyone were as lucky! HIV is definitely more than a numbers game, although sometimes it seems healthcare providers forget there is a person attached to that T-cell count or viral load!

Clone me, so I could practice in Toronto? Well, if it werent for those nasty winters you guys have up there, Id consider it. I do like strolling through Yorkville with a Movenpic ice cream cone in hand. I grew up in Rochester, NY, just across the lake from Toronto, so I know the city quite well, but I had no idea that my "bedside manner" was such common knowledge up there!

Keep smiling; stay healthy; stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Undiagnosed anemia - they say Im a rare case!
Next
Update for Dr. Bob (Brazil)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.