Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

early fatigue
May 31, 2003

Hi,

If someone has some extreme fatigue in the acute stage, an it seems to last for a while, would the introduction of HAART end this fatigue or not, and is it likely to just replace the 'acute' fatigue with 'drug' fatigue.

Also, do you have any advice for how to combat fatigue in the acute stage.

How did your seroconversion stage go? Thank you

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Why do I get the feeling you arent sure if you are HIV-positive or not? Are you?

HAART is not recommended for combating HIV fatigue, but rather to decrease viral replication and improve immune function. Its use in acute seroconversion is being investigated. There is mounting evidence that it may protect immune function when used in recently infected individuals.

If you are fatigued, you need to find out why. For instance you might be anemic. If so, specific treatment directed at the cause of your anemia (or at other causes for your fatigue) would be recommended.

My seroconversion? Since there are so many variables involved strain of virus, immune response, and competence of the host, etc. what happened to me is really not applicable to anyone elses specific condition. Im certainly not shy about explaining exactly what happened to me. Ive done so many times in the past. I just dont think its applicable to this question. So I wont repeat the story here. OK?

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Testosterone
Next
Suffering in silence...please please help!!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.