Update?

Dr. Bob You do a great job of advising those in need. You obviously bring an insider's point of view to the problem which helps us keep up a positive attitude. Out of curiosity, how are you doing with your fight, if you don't mind my asking? Thank you for your continued services, good luck.

No, I certainly dont mind you asking. I try to use my personal story as often as possible as an educational tool. When folks think about HIV/AIDS, I want them to think about me rather than all the outdated stereotypical images they might have running around in their mind. Thats one of the reasons I spend so much time giving interviews on TV, in periodicals, etc. A medical journal called The Lancet is running a story about me and my foundation this week. (The Lancet Volume 361, Number 9369 page 1662).

So how am I doing? Well there are good days and not so good days. Sure, life can be challenging, and at times, quite frustrating, but I dont dwell on that. Even on a bad day, I can find comfort and pleasure reading a book, listening to music, or even answering questions on this website. As Ive said before, in many ways, Ive never felt more alive. If I die tomorrow, I can say Ive had a wonderful and meaningful life for which I am eternally grateful. If I dont die tomorrow, I have a long list of things I want to experience, enjoy, and accomplish.

In closing, I might mention a recent report given at the annual meeting of the Society of General Internal Medicine in Vancouver. Dr. Joel Tsevat reported that many people (32%) who are HIV-infected report that "life is better" after they receive their diagnosis!

I certainly wont complain about my life! Its amazingly satisfying with the extraordinary love of my life (my partner Dr. Steve from the Tratamientos Forum), our pooch, friends, and family. Add to that the ongoing work of my foundation, HIV/AIDS education, fundraising, traveling, music, and a great cup of coffee. How could I be anything other than content?

Dr. Bob -- Can I Cum????
Anemia question...Thank you!