Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

R.E.S.P.E.C.T and much praise
May 10, 2003

I want to thank you for your encouraging e mails you guys really know what your talking about, and you put peoples minds at ease, god bless you. I work in the health profession so I sympathize with your needle stick Dr. I worked in the PA corner's office last summer and had a few needle sticks myself, my heart goes out to you. This is the second time I've sent an e mail to you, I won't get impatient cause I know your busy, but please respond when you get time. I had sex with a person of unknown HIV status. She's 29, I'm 24. I didn't want to have sex but so we had dry sex for a while then (I put my penis inside her for about 60sec, pulled out and came)unprotected. I wated a month then had a blood test done at the local health clinic for HIV, Gonerreha, chlimydia, syphillis one month (long enough)tested negitive for all 4. I'm taking your recomended at home test at the end of this month, an I'm stressed. I don't know if symptoms are real or in my head. How long will it take for genital warts to appear, what will they look like? will they be large, noticable on the unerect penis? What are the chances I have hep c? this sexual encounter happend at the end of Feburary. I haven't had sex in almost three months because of this bullshit but I don't want to infect anyone. Help me please, thank you for your time. stressed in PA p.s. AIDS from a lap dance WOW man,people,I'd be full blown. Keep doing a wonderful job your site pulls no punches and you really give people info that helps them.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Thanks for Aretha Franklin compliment!

You "didnt want to have sex?" Did that older woman seduce you like Mrs. Robinson in The Graduate? OK, so after "dry sex," your penis wound up inside her for 60 seconds, unprotected, but you pulled out in time for your climax. So your risk is 60 seconds of insertive vaginal sex with a pushy 29-year-old woman of unknown serostatus. Right? Your STD screen was negative. Thats encouraging. However, your 4-week HIV test is not conclusive. The 3-month test will be necessary. But remember, the odds are very definitely in your favor for being negative. Genital warts begin very small. They look like little cauliflowers. As they enlarge, they can and will become quite noticeable. They are hard to miss! Hep C is not at all likely from your vaginal sex. Good luck on your 3-month test.

Im sure youll be WOO-HOOing soon and like that other Aretha song -- you'll have a whole "new attitude". Good Luck!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Fatigue Nausea after restarting treatment
Next
thank you for your answer ;-) Love Hanspeter

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.