Apr 30, 2003
Hi i have been hiv+ about four years. My t-cell count is 456 and my viral load is 11000. I have been on androgel for six months. When I started the androgel, I was on five grams per per day.Now, I am on ten grams a day. It worked great for about two weeks but now the depression and fatigue and low libido are back. I am not on any other hiv drugs. I am at a loss can you please help.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Next step is to check your testosterone level on your current dose of AndroGel. If its low or even low normal, then your dose may need to be increased. If its mid- to upper-range normal, then thats not your problem, and other potential causes should be evaluated. For instance:
1. Psychological Problems depression, stress, and anxiety can cause fatigue, decreased libido, and lots of other symptoms, like loss of appetite, sleep disturbances, irritability, difficulty concentrating, etc. 2. Anemia can be associated with fatigue, shortness of breath, rapid heartbeat, headaches, difficultly concentrating, and decreased sex drive.
Check these things out first, and if thats not the problem, write back, and Ill give additional suggestions. Good luck.
Fatigue and lab values..
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Rubbing Vagina
- Sharing A Toothbrush How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- What Is The Risk Of Sex Toys?
- Are Swollen Lymph Nodes An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Is Black Spots A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Erectile Dysfunction An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.