Fatigue after Pneumonia

I recently tested positive in February and ironically found out I had pneumonia 2 days later (the intense chest pain and lack of breathing should have been a clue). Anyway, I refused to let them do an HIV test at the hospital as I am without insurance until May 1st so they gave me antibiotics and that helped tremendously, however I still experience extreme fatigue and loss of breath easily 2 months after treatment. Is it possible that it takes this long to recover from pneumonia or perhaps the wrong kind of pneumonia was diagnosed??

Thank you

Sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis. Thank goodness May 1st is just around the corner! Get yourself retested to confirm your HIV status as soon as possible after May 1st, and schedule an appointment with an HIV/AIDS specialist. If you need help locating one, try The American Academy of HIV Medicine at www.aahivm.org. Let them know you recently had pneumonia and are still experiencing shortness of breath and fatigue. They will want to get you evaluated very quickly. Could this be an opportunistic infection, such as PCP (pneumocystis carinii pneumonia)? Yes, its possible if your T-cells have slipped to below 200. If you get sick between now and May 1st, screw the insurance and get yourself in to see a competent doctor or to an emergency room. Your health should not be put at risk! Hopefully, things will stay stable until the 1st. But line up those appointments now. A thorough evaluation is definitely warranted very soon. Good luck. Write back if you need additional advice.

Procrit vs Anadrol
STRANGE FORM OF FATIGUE