Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Worried Guy from ??
Apr 25, 2003

Dear doc.Bob, Greetings! Here's my story (Sorry if my english is poor).I had unprotected sex dated december 2001 with sexworker without ejaculation(with unknown HIV status)because of drunkness i did the worst thing in my life which i think i infected my wife too. I took an Elisa after 4 months (April) and result is non reactive. Second test done after 8 months result is non-reactive again. I 've done some CBC and found out that i have high cholesterol.After ten months i noticed that i have a white tongue besides,i experienced backache with tingling to my lungs it starts from left then now both left and right ,and chest pain that never rid of until now.My problem is that last month and last week i have cough, ifound out that there is a blood streak on it (mocuos) and my stomach is getting bigger and bigger. I did X-ray and turns normal. I notice too that my wife has a white tongue that start last october. My question now,:Is this an OI (oppurtunistic Infection)? I am so worried right now and i can't concentrate to my job because my annual physical exam is coming very soon.

Kindly advise me what shall i do to manage this problem of mine.

Thank you very much. Worried Guy

Thank you very much.

Worried Guy

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello worried Guy,

These types of questions must be sent to us at the Safe Sex Forum, if you would like a response. This forum is for folks confirmed to be HIV-positive, not for people who only worry about being HIV-positive.

Ill answer briefly --- you could not possibly have infected your wife with a disease you dont even have yourself. Your negative HIV tests at 4 and 8 months absolutely confirm you are HIV-negative. No, your symptoms are not an opportunistic infection, because you dont have HIV. I just cant be any clearer than that. If you have some blood in your mucous when you cough, go see your general medical doctor. This is quite common, and can be related to several different conditions; it should be evaluated and treated if necessary. Your other symptoms sound like anxiety to me. Have your doctor check you over. If all checks out fine, ask for a referral for some counseling to help you deal with your anxiety. That should do the trick.

Dr. Bob

Previous
going suicidal ... hiv or my mind
Next
Androgel Not Working

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.