|hiv and blood test
Apr 10, 2003
If someone has HIV and or Aids but is unaware of it, would a routine blood test during a physical show any presence of the disease. In other words, would there be some abnormalities that the pysician would find strange that he would want to check out. Please respond as soon as possible.
Response from Dr. Frascino
These types of questions must be posted to our Safe Sex and HIV Prevention Forum, not to this forum, which is reserved for HIV-positive folks. OK?
Briefly, the answer to your question is "not necessarily!" Only an HIV-specific blood test can tell you if youve contracted the virus.
I feel like my whole world went down
- Hairy Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Swallowing Precum Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Psoriasis After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.