The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Lower testicular volume
Apr 10, 2003


My urlologist is a columbia trained, However he could not even detect the hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism I had for few years. I had a testosterone level of 278 with LH and FSH in normal range. The problem was low testicular volume which he stated are not producing enough testosterone. Testes U/S revealed right testis of 3.9cm and 2.2cm and left 4cm and 1.9cm. have taken testosterone Undecanuate for a year + now on Androgel for 2 months. The errections are fine, but i have lost almost most volume of semen.

Any suggestions. All CBC, CHEM and other panels of tests including T4 intake, and LS, FSh are in normal range. Also what are the sideeffects of applying androgel 1 10mg to scrotum and Penis. The new doctor even called UNIMED to check effect of androgel on Penis, and they could not answer properly just that we dont have enough data to conculude the effects.pleas einform me of any causes or tests to check for decreased production of semen and small testicular size

Response from Dr. Frascino


This is an HIV information website. Are you HIV-positive? If so, write back with more information, including your T-cell count, viral load, meds, etc. If you are not HIV-positive, consider follow-up with a Board-Certified endocrinologist. They might be able to help sort this out for you. Columbia trained or not, hypogonadism really shouldn't be all that difficult to diagnose or treat. Good luck.

Dr. Bob

is it chicken or egg?
possibility of converting to positive.

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint