|is it chicken or egg?
Apr 10, 2003
Does low testosterone cause depression, or can depression itself also cause low testosterone?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Your first guess is correct low testosterone can cause depression. If can also lead to loss of energy, appetite, weight, muscle and bone mass, and perhaps worse of all, sex drive. Between 25 and 45% of all male HIVers have low testosterone.
Depression, on the other hand, can cause lots of symptoms fatigue, weight loss, sleep disturbances, irritability, agitation, difficulty concentrating, feelings of hopelessness, helplessness, and even decreased sex drive. But the decreased sex drive is not due to decreased testosterone.
Hope that helps. Now please dont ask me for the answer to the chicken or the egg question, because about that, I have absolutely no idea.
Lower testicular volume
- Hiv Transmission Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Ache In Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Nipple Biting Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.