Is Botox safe

I was just diagnozed as positive one week ago. I was neg as of my last test one year ago. It sucks! I will find out my cd4 nad viral load next week. I have what seem like a silly question--I had a botox treatment scheduled for next week (I had it a treatment 6 months ago). I know vanity and searching for attractive mates is part of what got my into this situation, but anyway is it safe for me to get the botox? I know also my priorities should change but maybe mine never will :) PS I ALWAYS used a condom!! Kevin

Hello Kevin,

First off, if your previous HIV tests were all negative and you ALWAYS used a latex condom properly, then you should have your HIV test repeated. Your positive result may be a lab error. Let's hope so!

Even if it's not, and you are indeed HIV-positive, no need to cancel that appointment for Botox.

Priorities always change over time, but that doesn't mean you can't look fabulous with new or additional priorities!

Sleepless Nights
taking no hiv meds