Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Blood on Condom
Mar 25, 2003

hey Dr im an aussie who went to thaoland and couldnt resist the temptation. I was using a condom but looked down and there was blood all over the condom. My question is If the condom did not break are my chances practically zero.She was very high risk , she was a wking girl in pattaya, did not wkin a bar so had no HIV certificate. Mayby im paranoid . I guess thats what condoms are for hey , to stop blood and bodily fluids. Someone told me that HIV can dart straight thru a condom. Please verify you legend. Kenny from Down under

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Down Under Kenny,

First off, just a reminder that questions like these need to be submitted to me at the Safe Sex/ HIV Prevention Forum rather than this forum which is dedicated to folks confirmed to be HIV positive. OK? (Anyone else out there who submitted "am I infected" or "worried well" type questions to this forum, please re-submit those questions to the Safe Sex site.)

Second, you want me to verify if I'm a legend? Now what kind of question is that?

Someone told you HIV could dart straight through a condom? Well that someone is wrong. HIV cannot dart, dash, or cha-cha-cha through a latex condom. So if your condom was in place, your chances are indeed "practically zero."

Don't be "paranoid." Just continue to keep yourself protected by always playing safe, and you'll be fine.

Give my best to Oz. I hope to get there again this year.

Dr. Bob

Previous
procrit recall?????????
Next
Being Tired is very tiring.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.