Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

can hiv be contracted through food
Mar 8, 2003

can hiv be contracted if someone ejaculated in your hamburger or sandwich, i just got over the flu but during that time i ate a chicken sandwich that had an odd taste, i dont know whether it was the mayo or greese or what, it could have been because i was sick, but my throat is still sore and limph nodes are swollen, i spit out the bite i had taken but could not rid myself of the bad taste, my throat was bleeding from the cough the flu had given me, if there was semen in my meal am i at risk and should i be tested?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Let me get this straight. You just got over the flu, ate an odd-tasting chicken sandwich, and are now wondering if HIV can be contracted by someone ejaculating in your hamburger??? I thought you had the chicken? OK, now everyone's heard about certain fast food chains having "secret sauces," but really, my dear, isn't this just the tiniest bit implausible? Have you seen the way those guys work flipping burgers? They work very hard, and I'm not talking about their penises here. Who in their right mind would whip it out with all those flames coming out of the barbecue pit and oil bubbling around the fries?

OK, let's suppose there's a wing-nut loose at your local fast food joint and let's suppose he's particularly turned on by the sesame seed buns he's fondling, and let's suppose he decides to use his own pickle to add flavor to a burger. And let's suppose no one happens to notice this guy whacking off in the middle of a busy restaurant. And let's suppose you happen to get the lucky burger with the spunk marinade. (That's a lot of "let's suppose's," in case you weren't paying attention.) What's your risk? Essentially nil. HIV doesn't live very long outside the body. So unless restaurant boy was still tucking in his personal wiener while handing you yours, I'd say you've got nothing to worry about, except for maybe considering changing your fast food joint!

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Androgel Cycling
Next
Bactrim DS

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.