happy-hepper

Hello Dr Bob!

Ill take you up on that offer!!!..If you ever find yourself in the Texas Med Center (MDACC)..you better!! :-)

Ah, since Im here..just a q..tried to find info, but its all vague..Is my hemolytic anemia the reason I have poikilocytosis, anisocytosis and polychromatopilia (no, Im not worried, just nosy)and is it the combo also the reason there's giant platelets ??? Inquiring minds want to know :-)

Again...YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!

happy-hepper-geek

Hey Hap-Hep-Geek,

Yes, hemolytic anemia is the cause of abnormal appearing red blood cells - poikilocytosis, anisocytosis, etc. The giant platelets are just "immature" (young) platelet cells being sent out of your bone marrow (where all types of blood cells are manufactured). It's just your body trying to keep up with your decreased counts. Glad you're not worried, but also glad you have decided to treat your anemia with Procrit. Make sure your doctor checks your "iron stores" (blood test), as supplemental iron might be necessary for Procrit to have its maximal effect. It takes several weeks for Procrit to kick in, so hang in there and keep an eye on those blood counts. Write back anytime. I find inquiring minds incredibly sexy.

Stay well,

Effect of mono on window period
Androgel Cycling