Effect of mono on window period

If I was exposed to mono at the same time as hiv, would the 3 month elisa test still be reliable? Does mono delay the production of hiv Abs? Would a qual dna pcr still pick this up since it's not looking for Abs?

If mono does cause a delay in hiv Ab production, is it a significant amount of time (do I have to wait another 3 months)?

Please submit questions like these to me at the Safer Sex Forum. This forum is reserved for those who are confirmed to be HIV-positive.

Briefly no, mononucleosis would not interfere with HIV antibody production or the accuracy of an HIV test. You do not need any further HIV tests.

Congratulations on your negative test. WOO-HOO!

Mitochondria.....:)
happy-hepper