Ht control

How many time do I have to wait to take a control of Hematocrit after a transfussion?

I'm not sure I understand your question. Your hematocrit and/or hemoglobin are blood tests used to diagnose anemia. If they are below the normal range, you are anemic. Blood transfusions are given to treat severe anemia. Your hematocrit and/or hemoglobin would be highest immediately after the transfusion.

The more important question is why are you anemic in the first place? Anemia is best treated by finding the underlying cause and addressing that problem. For instance, if you are iron-deficient, then supplemental iron should be added to your diet. If you are bleeding (heavy menstrual cycles, internal bleeding from ulcers, etc.), then stopping the blood loss would be key to successfully treating your anemia. If you are anemic because of HIV disease (anemia of chronic disease), then Procrit would be the treatment of choice. Procrit stimulates your bone marrow to make additional new red blood cells. Talk to your doctor about the cause of your anemia and why you are being treated with blood transfusions. Write back with more information if you need additional help.

leg pain...anemia?
Mitochondria.....:)