leg pain...anemia?

I have two questions really. One dealing with anemia and the other with mitochondrial toxicity. They both center around this strange muscle/leg pain that I have been experiencing lately.It feels as if I have just run a marathon.A sort of sore,bloated,hot feel (if that makes any sense). I am worried about anemia, because I have lowered RBC count and also take azt. The question of the mitochondrial toxicity comes up because of the nukes that I take (3tc and azt).

can this be related? thanks.

Strange muscle/leg pains are not a common symptom of anemia. Anemia can be diagnosed by checking your hemoglobin. The normal ranges are 12-16 g/dL for women and 14-18 g/dL for men.

Mitochondrial toxicity is a very complex topic. Please see my recent discussion on this topic in the question titled "Mitochondrial toxicity and fatigue - are there tests and treatment?"

Have your HIV specialist check out your leg symptoms. I doubt anemia or significant mitochondrial toxicity is the cause.

mytochondrial toxicity and fatigue - are there tests and treatments?
Ht control