Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Sorry to bug you...a quick one: desperate mom
Mar 1, 2003

Hi there again,

Hey, it seems my blood type is in large demand...or should I say extreme...they are willing to watch my FIVE kids while I come donate. That was my last great excuse other than to tell them I used that damn vibrator and don't have the guts to go get tested again. Then I hear "Dr. Bob's" response in my head and think, okay, I should probably go in as I am not infected. OKAY, OKAY, what do ya think---should I go ahead a share some of this O NEG they seem to think is liquid gold? I really don't want to give anyone anything. Thanks for the advise if you can give it and thanks anyway if you can't. Still think your awesome!!!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Never-again-desperate Mom of 5,

Welcome back to the forum. Someone actually volunteered to watch all 5 kids while you donated blood? My, my, my. Mom, it's not you that's desperate. It's them!!! Sure, go ahead and donate. You are absolutely fine. By the way, all blood donations are screened for HIV. Your shared vibrator experience is long behind you and so should be your fears of HIV. You're negative! Here's what I would suggest. Tell the blood bank babysitters you're wiling to donate, but they have to watch the kids all day. Then go donate your liquid gold. After that, treat yourself to a nice lunch, a movie, maybe an afternoon at a day spa - whatever would be fun. Oh, but remember the rules about playing safely with vibrators, OK?

I think you're pretty awesome too. Hug each of your kids for me, OK? Stay well. Your O neg may just save someone's life! That should make you feel wonderful and send some excellent cosmic karma your way!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Texas agrees with NY on window period -- Please Post
Next
Your the best dudola

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.