Condom came off inside her.

Dear Doctor Bob,

About a week ago I saw a sex worker in Los Angeles when she was on top of me and we were having vaginal sex the condom came off, I am fairly sure I ejaculated in the condom, but after that she kept going for about 30 to 50 seconds untill I stopped her because I was looseing my errection. I am not sure if the condom came off in the 30 to 50 seconds after ejaculation or as I withdrew. What are my chances of getting infected this way? I know I have to get tested and am going in for my annual physical this week and will ask to get tested then, how long do you have to wait to get a concrete answer from a test from what I read on your site it's 3 to 6 months? The only things that resemble symptoms that I have is something that could be best described as a coated throat and an occasional cough sort of like when you feel a cold comming on (I think I may have gotten a cold from her, she did say she had a kid). Other symptoms include occasional spikey pains around my body, my groin area seemed like it was vibrateing while I was trying to go to sleep the other night, and my urethra has an occasiona ache especially right after the encounter, but not when I urinate. (I think it might be from the breath mint she had in her mouth while she was giving me oral sex (stupidly with out a condom)or the numbing gel I used on my penis,or the spermicide, I only mention the numbing gel and spermicide because the only other time I had sex recently I used one of those condoms that are supposed to make last longer that had spermicide and numbing agent incorporated in it and my penis had simmular but worse symptoms for days after(it did not slip off that time). Could I be haveing an allergic reaction?) What else could I have gotten?

I have read many of the letters on this sight from people who have tested negative and have had worse symptoms, and all of the symptoms seemed to be in there heads. How worried should I be? I have no plans to have sexual contact with any one untill this is resolved, if ever.

I know I am a total Idiot for engaging in this kind of activity.

Thanks.

You "saw a sex worker in Los Angeles when she was on top of you and you were having vaginal sex..."? Hmmm, most guys tend to have a bit more advanced notice than that.

OK, so the condom came off while you were inside here, or perhaps as you withdrew. Hopefully, she's located it by now. Your chances of contracting HIV? I'd say very low. First off, you are "fairly sure you ejaculated in the condom," and second, you would have had brief, if any, exposure as the insertive partner. To confirm your negative status, you'll need an HIV test at the 3-month period. The odds are very definitely in your favor.

Now as for your groin area vibrating while you were trying to go to sleep. Are you sure you unplugged all your toys before turning in for the night? Perhaps you were in the hooker's hotel and the bed was equipped with a Magic Fingers vibrating system?

The hooker used a breath mint? Was it an Altoid? Did I see something about that on a recent "Sex in the City" episode? Numbing gel? Doesn't that kind of take all the pleasure out of it? Allergic reactions to spermicides, numbing gels, and even latex have been reported, but they usually cause a rash or itching, not "aching."

How worried should you be? I'd say not to worry at all. Get tested at 3 months, yell, "WOO-HOO," and send me one of those vibrating groin things. They sound like fun.

Stay well.

is this three months?
hey doc, just a BIG OLE THANKS