STD Testing

Dr. Frascino,

I'd like to thank you for answering my question concerning hiv symptoms. I'm proud to say that my four and a half month test for hiv came out negative. What a relief. I'd also like to ask you a question about STD testing(not hiv). I know this is off the forum subject, but I really feel that you give honest, dependable, answers. I had unprotected sex with a high risk individual(my only sexual encounter ever-and of course it came while intoxicated). Well, eleven days afterwards I tested for std's. Both the blood test and culture thing they put in my penis came out negative. It seems that everything is going smooth at this point but I heard somewhere that std's may not show up on a test for months. Would you say that an 11 day std test is sufficient. And if so am I in the clear now. I really wish I could stop being worried. Thanks for everything and I wish you well.

Sincerely, A very grateful person

Hello Very Grateful Person,

Yes, your 11-day STD screen is conclusive. You can stop worrying now. Having the "thing they put in your penis" is enough punishment for your lapse in judgment and will probably be an excellent reminder not to put yourself at risk ever again!

Yell, "WOO-HOO" and relax. You're fine! Stay that way!

Looking for some understanding...Part 2.
is this three months?