can prednisone hide antibodies against hiv?

Hello doctor, I'm an italian electrical engeneer 30 years old. 20 months ago i had 5 unprotected sex relations with an high risk woman, 2 months later I developed a light form of pemphigus vulgaris (confirmed by biopsy). 4 months ago I began a therapy with prednisone (25 mg per day) and one month lather I got tested for hiv 1-2, the result hopefully was negative and all my blood exams were normal (but antibodies against HBV positive, without virus). My doctors said me that hiv is not a problem for me. However i began to worry again because it was been told me that prednisone is an immunosupressant and I fear that it could hide my hiv antibodies. What do you think about? Sould I have to get another test? Thank you very much for this service.

Hello fellow Italian,

Come sta?

Prednisone will not affect your HIV antibody test. Yes, prednisone is an immunosuppressant, but it does not affect that aspect of the immune response. You're negative! No additional tests are needed. I'll have a shot of anisette to toast your good health! Care to join me? WOO-HOO!

Rimanga bene.

The Z-man is negative
Doc, please help an unsure Pole