Fidgety Fingers (Give Dr. Bob a well earned rest.)

Dr. Bob,

Hope this gives you some respite from people who ask seroconversion questions time after time.

Had my bit of frisky fun a couple of weeks ago. Fun, fun, and yep - more fun! Used protection etc good boy etc etc. After sex though noticed cut on finger - a naughty finger that had been places it doesn't go to on a day to day basis ;-).

Now, looking at this forum, I have two options. 1:Absolutely panic that I could have contracted HIV via a small cut by the nail - one that WASN'T FRESH, WASN'T BLEEDING and HAD THUS FORMED A SCAB LAYER!!!! (Sorry - have to make this clear to people.)

OR, 2:I can assess my chances, risks etc and if I feel unduly concerned get tested at 3 months.

Let me add to the equation - two weeks after my escapade I came down with a sore throat, rhusky (and apparently sexy) voice, a slight fever, slightly swollen lymph nodes in the neck.....OK, hands up, how many people are jumping to the HIV conclusion now??

Well - certainly not my doctor. He looked at my tonsils, felt the lymph nodes and did he start asking about HIV (he is a pro. after all)!? Like hell he did.

Rather, my doctor told me I have laryngitis, and to go home and rest.

NOW - do I believe him, or my own medical knowledge? (Knowledge that roughly equates to knowing to take an asparin for a headache...). I know who I trust more.

Everyone!! There are people in this world who would really appreciate the answer Dr. Bob could give them about their genuine fatigue, anaemia.

Please, read his forum answers and try to answer your questions from there. He is not going to give you advice different to that which he has given earlier. The man knows his stuff!!

Sincerest apologies for the length of this Dr. Bob - I am sure you would rather be having a good old play on the piano than read this, but I hope this will give you a chance to help those in the world who would truly benefit from your wisdom.

Keep up the good, no, great, no, fantastic, no absoultely wonderous work you do. You are an inspiration to us all.

Dodge

Hey Dodge,

I like your wit and logic. My hands (and naughty fingers) would definitely not be "up" regarding "jumping to HIV" as a cause for your symptoms. Your risk is really extremely, extremely low. If this is your only risk, I'm quite certain you are not HIV-positive. If you need to confirm that, the 3-month test is available.

Stay well, Dodge. Keep smiling.

re: the great fellatio debate
Was boston fun?? Practical or Just Theory??