re: the great fellatio debate

Doc Bob

I truly appreciate your responding to my first inquiry about fellatio risks. As a quick follow up (and a pushing of my luck that you will answer this) I ask if you feel risk is heightened when those performing fellatio fail to swallow or spit the semen out. Take a person who gets it in the back of the throat and they are frightened of swallowing it, but it is too far back there to spit it out, and it just sits in the tissues (in the tonsils/ back of throat...etc). Does this person have legitimate concern about hiv infection - more so than someone who simply spits or swallows?

Spit, swallow, or stuck to the back of the throat like super glue? Hmmmmm . . . . As you can imagine, there are no scientific data to give you an exact reply. My opinion is that there is little difference in risk for someone who spits or swallows. There is a potential increased risk for keeping HIV-infected ejaculate in contact with mucous membranes for protracted periods of time. And remember, this is the Fatigue and Anemia Forum, not the "Safer Sex Tips Hotline!"

Stay well.

Health nut has anemia?!
Fidgety Fingers (Give Dr. Bob a well earned rest.)