Is oral sex dangerous with mono?

Hey there... My girlfriend and I are practicing oral sex on a semi-regular basis, and she has mono (I'm assuming I will get it eventually as well, as I don't think I ever had it; although, the blood test did come back negetive for it, so I'm still up in the air).

In any case I am just curious if there are any dangers asociated with oral sex when one or both partners have mono. I have heard that it is a form of herpes, but Im not sure if it could cause anything like genetal herpes, something like that. Any help would be great.

Oral sex on a semi-regular basis? What's that? Perhaps that's when you can talk her into it every other time or something like that!?! Dangers associated with oral sex (regular or not) when one partner has mono??? Well, chances are if you're enjoying the oral delights of felatio and cunnilingus, you are probably also at least kissing as bit as foreplay. Right? Not too many folks head directly for their partner's "home entertainment center" without at least a bit of tonsil hockey first. So yes, there is a risk of acquiring mono. However, there is the chance you are immune to mono from having had a mild case sometime in the past. Your doctor can run the appropriate blood tests to let you know. Don't worry about getting "herpes" from someone with mono. Mononucleosis is caused by the Epstein Barr virus. Viruses are grouped into large "families," such as the "Herpes Virus Family." However, only specific types of viruses within those large families cause specific viral illnesses. Epstein Barr virus has nothing to do with Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1 (cold sores), Herpes Simplex Virus Type 2 (genital herpes), or Varicella/Zoster (chicken pox/shingles). Hope this helps.

SNOW and HIV
Hello again Dr Bob - karate girl here again!