Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

WBC and Eosin
Feb 15, 2003

-After 15 months of having safe sex my WBC is 6.28, is there any/some risk I should be HIV positive? -Could you explain to me what the Eosin abreviation means? My eosin data is 0.66 (they say normal range goes between 0.0 - 0.2), is this something relate with the HIV sympthomatics?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

First off, questions like yours need to be posted to the Safer Sex Forum.

Second, if you are having "safe sex," why the hell are you worrying about HIV?

Third, a white blood cell count of 6.28 has nothing to do with HIV in someone practicing safe sex.

Fourth, eosinophils are a type of white blood cell. Their numbers increase with allergies and some types of parasitic infections. Again, it has nothing to do with HIV.

Last, with all that's going on in the world today, can't you find something other than a non-existent HIV infection to worry about?

Stay safe and you'll stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
the great fellatio debate
Next
NO ANTIBODIES VERY SCARED

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.