Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

BEYOND PARANOID AND SCARED!
Feb 8, 2003

Hi; it's me again! I'm just writing to thank you for your prompt response to my questions. First, I apologize for the placement posting of my question, when I starting writing I really could have cared less where it went, only that it was said. Thanks for the direction to the appropriate forum for future reference, although I don't think I will need to write again. To be perfectly honest I really didn't think your response would have helped me, however, I was positively estatic. I don't think I've felt so relieved for such a long time. I must have read the response, to exagerate a little, a million times. Thank-you so much. As for your recommendation to seek psychological therapy will be heeded. I truly believe I knew this for awhile, but maybe just needed someone to actually say it. I have already placed the call! As I know this renewed sense of confidence in my negative HIV status will be, unfortunately, short-lived I'm sure. All I need is another cold, sore throat or whatever, and it will be like we had never corresponded. This, you see, has been my cycle for many years. Hopefully, with your advice, I'll obtain the tools to better deal with my stress, anxiety and fears or maybe, learn their origin. Only time will tell, but I'll give it a shot! Thanks again so very much, Beyond Paranoid and Scared. P.S. Hoping for you; Health and Happiness!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Beyond Paranoid and Scared,

Congratulations on taking the first steps to truly address your problem. If you've read my reply "a million times," you may well have it memorized by now, but if not, make a copy of it and carry it around in your back pocket, especially if you get a "cold, sore throat, or whatever." Hopefully, it will remind you that HIV is definitely NOT your problem! I'm quite convinced appropriate counseling will indeed be extremely helpful for your stress and anxiety. I'm also convinced with this help, you will once and forever be "Beyond" Paranoid and Scared. Life and all its wonders is such a precious gift. Don't waste a single moment of it with unnecessary fear and worry. Another way to keep perspective in your life is to consider volunteering some of your time at, perhaps, an AIDS service organization or hospice or, if you're a pet lover, perhaps at the SPCA or a dog/cat rescue society. There are literally thousands of organizations to choose from. I've found helping others who are less fortunate than I to be rewarding and an excellent reminder of all the things I have to be thankful for.

Best of luck on life's wonderful journey.

Dr. Bob

Previous
BEYOND PARANOID AND SCARED!
Next
How are you?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.