Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

RE: Life threatening for my family
Feb 7, 2003

Doctor, thankyou so much for your quick response! I GREATLY appreciate needed your advice. It is so hard because of all I have gone through in regarding my intial, severe sickness and ongoing lighter symptom's. I have put my family through alot, because if my selfishness. Since my wife and I had sex on 1/24/03, she has recently been tired all the time and she said that she just feels off. This scares me! So with hearing how very sick I was with all the horrible sickness last year, it doesn't make you nervous for Hiv then? I am very glad if it doesn't! I feel good that you have read my whole story and still advise me that I do NOT have Hiv. Because of all my sickness, I just do not know when to stop testing? Can I ask you about being Hiv positive. What was your intial sickness and response? Another reason that I am scared is that because I spoke with an individual who does have Hiv and he said that he started with a yeast infection in his penis. This scares me because before I got so severely sick, I had a yeast infection in my penis. Would you mind responding one more time to my recent question's, and then I will shut-up and go away. But I really covet your wisdom! Thanks

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

OK, but this is the last time for this forum, OK? You can always write to our Safer Sex/HIV Prevention forum for additional advice and reassurance.

The fact your wife is "tired" and "feels off" is not at all an indication of HIV. It does not "make me nervous for HIV" in the least! You are absolutely positively HIV-negative. So, how could you pass something you don't have on to her? That's impossible.

When can you stop testing? Immediately!

My response to HIV was fairly run of the mill. I got stuck with an HIV-positive needle while treating a patient. I tested HIV-negative that day. I got sick (rash, fever, swollen glands, etc.) a few weeks later. I got tested again, and it was positive. Nothing all that remarkable to report.

Yeast infections of the penis are fairly common in HIV-negative as well as HIV- positive men. It does not suggest you are HIV-positive.

If your wife is tired, have her see her general medicine doctor for a checkup. It is not HIV-related. I can guess she may be quite tired indeed of your perseverating on a non-existent illness! Please consider some counseling. I think it could help you a great deal.

Good luck. Remember to send future questions to the Safe Sex forum, if you need additional advice.

Dr. Bob

Previous
procrit plus HGH
Next
BEYOND PARANOID AND SCARED!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.