Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

A sincere WOOOOOOOOOO---HOOOOOO
Feb 5, 2003

Dear Dr. Bob ! I wrote [and you replied] a couple of times back in Sept/Oct about an encounter I had w/ a "questionable" female that involved lots of oral sex, analingus, fisting, etc; I told you about unusual canker sores that emerged on my tongue the next day and incredible fatigue, hot flashes, etc; that lasted weeks--among other symptoms. Like many others, I was convinced I was experiencing ARS. I'm a rational person but this belief was mostly motivated by a DOCTOR-- who, when I first went about my fatigue, tongue sores, etc;-- shined her light in my mouth and looked me in the eyes and asked "Are you HIV positive?"--- The doctor prodded me and even said something to the effect of "this is no place for people to be dishonest about such a thing...".. Anyhow, that meeting--about 3 days after my exposure is what turned me into a super worried well. So I tested at 7 days..negative..and at 30 days, I tested negaive both w/ PCR DNA and ELISA.. I had worried 24 hours a day and could barely function until that 30th day... on day 31 I also visited another doctor, he semeed puzzled by my symptoms--never mentioned HIV--nor did i -- and he suggested --that I seemed depressed and not physically ill. The next day, I left for A LONG vacation and I had a great time and forgot my worries that had consumed my life for 30 days and felt mUCH BETTER. YOur replies also made me feel better--and I sent out a 500 donation - I hope it helps someone somewhere! Anyhow, this is it ! I didn't worry as much any more after testing negative at day 30 w/ PCR DNA and suddenly feeling bette-r-bUT JUST IN CASe-- I took a 120 day Elisa test at a county health dept.. I just got the results today--and yup ! NEGATIVE ! .. and I'm feeling fine ! Thank you for all that you do and for all those who are helped ! I'm starting a new website now dedicted to people w/ FEARS that they MIGHT hve HIV ! I respect al lthat u do !

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Great news! WOO-HOO and congratulations! Wow, I can't believe what an insensitive creep that first doctor was! Where did she learn her bedside manner? The school of inappropriate, unprofessional accusations? I'm glad you didn't go back to her. You might consider dropping her a note and attaching your negative test results, advising her that her "care" left much to be desired.

Thank you for your generous $500 gift to The Foundation. Your gift was split between our efforts to display the AIDS Memorial Quilt in selected locations and the Pediatric HIV/AIDS Program at Oakland Children's Hospital.

The Quilt is a remarkably powerful and effective living legacy of remembrance and healing that helps illustrate the enormity of the AIDS epidemic and increase public awareness of HIV/AIDS and the need for appropriate HIV prevention education.

Children's Hospital provides crucial comprehensive and compassionate care to infants, children, and adolescents living with HIV/AIDS. Yes, your donation has and will continue to touch the lives of many.

Good luck with your new website! Stay well, and once again, please accept my heartfelt thanks.

Dr. Bob

Previous
smooth but wondering
Next
What do MCV and MCH values mean?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.