Burning Sensation on chest and back

Dr. Frascino,

I really appreciate the fact that people like you take time out of their days to help others. Without the help you have provided on this site I don't know what I would do. I've been on here for hours upon hours but can't seem to find the answer to my question. I was tested by EIA 2 months after a somewhat high risk exposure and it came back negative. Now at four and half months I'm having this burning sensation across my entire chest and a lot of my back. It feels like sunburn almost. I was wondering if this is a symptom of HIV. I have already went back to the clinic to get another test, but I don't receive the results for two weeks. It would be of great help if you could answer this question. I feel that many others would like to know the answer as well.

Sincerely, A very Grateful Person

Hello Very Grateful Person,

What is a "somewhat high risk exposure?" There usually isn't too much of a gray zone there. For instance, you either used a condom or not. Second point, the 2-month test, although encouraging, isn't really all that helpful. The 3-month result is what you need. Third, you've spent hours upon hours searching for an answer. Well, after all that searching, if you didn't turn up lots and lots of folks with similar symptoms, chances are those symptoms really aren't all that common or characteristic, right? Right! A "sunburn sensation" across the chest and back is not suggestive of HIV ARS. Most likely, your test results in 2 weeks will once again be negative. Don't drive yourself crazy in the interim. Read a good book rather than searching aimlessly on the Net. Your answer will be back soon.

Hopes and Dreams in your hands, only once more!
HEALER...YOU ARE