The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hopes and Dreams in your hands, only once more!
Jan 31, 2003

Dr. Bob It's me with one more question for you. You are the only person I trust and confide in. I was the guy that back 6 yrs ago had a brief unprotected insertive vaginal intercourse exposure to a promisuous 15 yr. old girl I had met. This was the first time I had any kind of sexual activity whatsoever, I was also circumsised and I had no STD's, I do not know about her. Please I want to know if you still believe that I should get over this and move on because my risk was so low assuming she was infected. I now am applying to medical school to become a caring physician just like yourself. Please give me the strength I need to finally put this to rest once and for all. Thanks, Future HIV Specialist

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Future HIV Specialist,

I don't remember all the details of your initial inquiry, but I can tell you that your risk of having acquired HIV from a "brief, unprotected insertive vaginal intercourse exposure" 6 years ago is very low. Can you put this to rest once and for all? Certainly. If you've been HIV tested in the past (more than 3 moths after the exposure) and the results were negative, you already have all the reassurance you should need. If you've never been tested and you are still concerned, get tested. The results will almost certainly be negative. Why continue to worry? Solving this problem is not difficult.

Good luck with the medical school applications.

Dr. Bob

Tired all the time, and no new combos will work...
Burning Sensation on chest and back

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint