Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

thank you
Jan 24, 2003

I just wanted to write and thank you for helping so many people who have been affected by this disease. I have been reading your site daily for the past 4 and a half months,after a high risk exposure with a female iv drug user. I had every ars symptom in the book,rashes,fever,fatigue,mouth sores,ulcers,sore throat,purple spots on my skin, dermatitis on my face,burning tongue and lips,swollen glands,night sweats,chills,and what i think was thrush (tongue was really sore irritated and patchy white and tasted weird) Well anyways I tried to read your site alot because it was the only one that gave me a glimmer of hope to be hiv neg. After these last four and a half months of misery I finally went and got the test and would you believe it, NON-REACTIVE Negative WOO-HOO I am still in awe over the results. I learned a valuable lesson through this ordeal and I will not forget it I promise..I wanted to thank you for the hope that you give people which gives many,like myself the courage to take the test, I also sympathize with all out there with hiv because I really thing I felt what its like to have it for 4 and a half months and this shows how powerful the mind can be so I want to ask all of you infected with hiv to just try to use that same mind power to make yourself feel better. I'm not saying its gonna cure you but I'd be willing to bet my last dollar that it WILL IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH. TRY IT, THE MIND IS SOOOO SOOOO POWERFUL Thanks doc and stay well, I'm gonna send a donation for all the help.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You've been reading this site "daily for 4 and a half months?" Gosh, let's hope the new Harry Potter book hits the stands soon so you'll have something a bit more entertaining to read!

Thank you so much for writing and sharing your story. I receive tons of stories just like yours - loads of symptoms, loads of anxiety and worry, and then BINGO, the HIV test turns out to be negative. The symptoms clear up and you have this wild urge to yell WOO-HOO and do cartwheels down Main Street! Yes, indeed, the mind is incredibly powerful. It can't "cure" HIV-positive folks, but I can assure you that HIV-positive folks with a "positive" attitude live longer and better lives than their counterparts without such an outlook. I couldn't agree with you more!

Thank you for your generous donation. Contributions are tax-deductible and can be sent to:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 779 Altos Oaks Drive, Suite 200 Los Altos, CA 94024

WOO-HOO and congratulations to you!

Many thanks and stay well. Good thoughts.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Procrit is it really all that safe
Next
Quickie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.