Thailand, Underwear and ARS w/o Fever???

1. Exactly 6 weeks ago I had sex with a sex worker in thailand. I had a small cut on the shaft of my penis but I wore a condom. After ejaculating I put my underwear on leaving the condom on, went to the bathroom, took off the condom, pissed, showered, and then put my dirty underwear back on. I was wondering if it is possible that vaginal fluids/blood on the outside of my condom got smeared on the inside of my underwear when I walked to the bathroom to take off the condom...and that after showering and putting the same underwear back on, those vaginal fluids/blood, could have gotten into the small cut on my penis. The next morning I did notice 10-15 small fluid(not blood, or semen) marks on the inside of the underwear that definetely came from the cut on my penis. So anyhow, I'm slightly worried and just wanted to know if you thought HIV transmission was possible this way.

2. During acute HIV is it possible to have swollen glands and other symtoms without having a fever. My glands in my neck, armpits and groin have become swollen and slightly painful. This has happened to me several times before but it usually progresses into a cold or flu within 24 hours. Anyhow the swelling has stayed the same for 4+ days now(no progression to cold or flu) and I'm growing worried about Acute HIV, Seroconversion, ARS or whatever you want to call it. My primary question is whether swollen glands are typically the first symptom of Acute HIV. Also, is it normal for the other symptoms such as fever to come on quickly or slowly over time. Most everything I've read says a fever is the first sign of acute HIV and that the symptoms come on quickly at relatively the same time. So far no fever after 4 days of swelling glands so I haven't I been that worried.

Thanks!

Now let me get this straight. You had safe sex with a pro in Thailand, and after your intimate roll in the proverbial hay, you jump out of bed and immediately put your Joe Boxers back on before taking the condom off? Might I ask why? Were you afraid she might see your Mr. Happy? I mean she's a pro, and you just finished doing the nasty. Did you really think you needed your undies just to get to the bathroom? OK, well, no matter.

Could fluids from the outside of the used condom, which was inside your Joe Boxers, have eventually found their way into a small cut on your Mr. Happy? This would be extremely, extremely unlikely. HIV doesn't live long outside the body, and besides, any minimal amount of fluids present would have most likely been absorbed by the soft cotton of your Calvin Kleins or whatever (providing, of course, you weren't wearing one of those kinky plastic thongs things!).

Whatever symptoms you are experiencing, they should not be related to HIV. By the way, HIV can never be diagnosed by symptoms. So don't even try. Symptoms can be notoriously unreliable. If you remain worried, get HIV tested at the 3-month mark.

Finally, didn't your mother ever teach you that if you have to put dirty undies back on, at least wear them inside out?

I think you can stop worrying!

Stay well.

no energy -- is it my liver?
Right Again!!