Aids Awareness - Algebra Guy

WoW, (Wizard of WooHoo) I hope this contact finds you well.

Kind thanks for the reply and encouragement. I was glad to send another donation, it makes a person feel good.

I've excluded HIV, thanks to you. Believe it or not, you were able to do what continous testing alone couldn't. Now I'm just trying to put STD testing behind me. I tested negative for Syphillis but I really need closure. The question is, does chlamydia or Ghonorrhea live outside the body? My contact was penis to breasts where ejaculation occured, that's it. Of course I have symptoms, sore glands, fatigue, but all tests show nothing. I never had sores on mrhappy or pain when peeing, but I read where Chlamydia can hide well.

I'm tired of sneaking around getting tests so that I don't infect the one I love. It's been 23 months of symptoms and testing, with no additional risk. I just want to stop going to the doctor. If I go for another test of Ghonorrea and Syphillis, I'm afraid the word may get back to my partner since she knows someone at the office.

Sometimes I just want to reveal the stupid thing I did, but it's so lame. I had an itch and needed to scratch, like a dog. I guess we men earn the nickname dog. Seeing a shrink did help me understand how my lack of family in the past affects me, and the loneliness it can create. Next time I have a scratch, maybe it's time to sit down and talk instead of scratch.

I read your GOP post. What amazes me is how little airtime aids gets, and it's not just the GOP doing this, it's the media in general, like it's taboo to talk about it. Maybe it's human nature. We all seem to have a natural curiosity for the horrific and the media deluges us with it daily, but when it's too real and too close to home, like 911 or cancer or aids, it's too tough to handle. I'm shocked how many are affected with the disease worldwide and how little attention it gets. Until the viewers stop putting their heads in the sand because it's not happening to them, raising money will be tough. The good news is they won't be able to hide forever, too many are affected in one way or another. Just look at me and all the others you receive email from.

If you didn't realize it, you're making many of us aids aware, not just helping the worry wells, and this is good. I can tell you that aids charitable contributions are on my list now and weren't in the past. Maybe someday I'll get a solitation from an aids foundation as I do from better known charities. Maybe then aids will finally get the attention it needs.

Thank you for what you do. You're a kind soul.

Algebra guy. ps. i left my email address incase you have time to reply.

Hi Algebra Guy,

It sounds like you are making good progress in putting this entire issue to rest, and that's exactly where it belongs. RIP!

Can one contract chlamydia or gonorrhea from "penis to breast" contact with ejaculation? Nope! No chance. I recently got back from Amsterdam. The type of activity you had is listed on the menu of services in the red-light district as "Tit-o-ssage!! Cute eh? Apparently it's quite popular, because it is very safe. Anyway, you can relax. STD's are not transmitted this way.

I do not feel you need any further tests for STD's. Your ongoing symptoms could indeed be related to your ongoing guilt and anxiety over this walk on the wild side with "Buxom Betty." Should you tell all to your partner? Well, I do encourage honesty in relationships. In the long run, it may strengthen your bond. Talk to your shrink about it. Maybe even have your partner come to an appointment and while he or she is there explain everything. That way the shrink can help mediate any repercussions. The most important thing is not to be so hard on yourself. As I've often said, we are all only human. That means we all make mistakes. Some of mine would curl your hair (if it's not already curly, that is). We must all learn from our mistakes. Live for today and have hope for tomorrow. I do think you've learned from your mistake.

As for HIV/AIDS inappropriately and unfortunately being considered by many to be someone else's problem or yesterday's news, I couldn't agree more! Pick up a newspaper or news magazine and you can read page after page about Wall Street scandals, shoplifting movie stars or Washington politicking, but usually not even a back-page mention about HIV/AIDS.

Perhaps the reality that 8,000 lives are snuffed out each and every day by this hideous virus is so shocking that it's become incomprehensible. Perhaps there are many others like GOP-Guy who continue to believe those infected have only themselves to blame. In the year 2002 there were 5 million new infections and 3.1 million deaths. Even GOP-Guy has to wonder how we as a world could let three quarters of a million (750,000) infants contract the virus from their HIV-infected mothers, when medications to prevent mother-to-infant transmission are readily available. It costs only 80 cents to treat a mother-infant pair!

Algebra Guy, thank you for your donations. They will touch the lives of many, and I bet you'll be receiving loads of great Karma from all around the world as a result of your generosity and compassion.

You too, my friend, are a kind soul.

Stay well!

anemic -- how to find an HIV doc?
hey buddy