Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Contact with semen, Verona, Italy
Jan 5, 2003

Hi Dr. Bob, i know that this is the wrong forum but after the answer you'll have two tickets (one for Dr. Steve) for Giuseppe Verdi's Aida here in Verona at Arena. Now that you are a little more smooth (just kidding):

I have a contact with semen that was outside body from at least ten hour but it was still wet and inside a condom. The semen went on a sore that i had on a finger that was not bleeding but not scabbed over yet. It is difficult to me to add more information because my english in not quite good however you and Dr.Steve are officially invited in Verona to eat gnocchi and drink some good red wine.

Stay very very well Giuseppe

Response from Dr. Frascino

Buon giorno Giuseppe,

HIV does not survive very long outside the body. Your risk of acquiring HIV from touching 10-hour-old semen, even with a partially healed sore on your finger, is nearly non-existent. I do not think you need to be tested for HIV.

So, Giuseppe, do you have the gnocchi ready? And what time does the curtain go up for Aida? We'll be there!

Buon ano nuovo!

Dr. Bob

Previous
A QUICK ONE
Next
You're an inspiration

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.