Why blame the GOP?

I have written here once before and did not really expect a reply..I would like to say I know this is a forum for fatigue related questions for HIV+ folks, having said that, I am still going to post my question here... This is in regards to your response on the CDC study on condom reliability, and your comment about the GOP targeting HIV..first off..get over the notion that the GOP is using HIV for its own gain..Hiv is transmitted mainly because of a persons choice to engage in risky behavior, and as far as I know the GOP does not force men to have sex with men, or hookers, or inject drugs with dirty needles, sure there are cases that people get infected due to just plain bad luck, but for the most part, most infections come from the lifestyle a person leads...just read most of the letters addressed to you...so to try and blame the GOP, or slam religion is just plain ignorant...most people only need to look in the mirror to find the blame for their HIV+ status.I went thru all the same worries, well now that I have decided to live a more moral lifestyle and remain celebate for the time being, I can wake up every morning and know that my Hiv status is -, sure I want the affection of a woman again, and it will happen when I get married, but for the time being I will be glad to stay celibate , get made fun of also..but guess what?..I know that what flows thru my veins is clean......This was not intended to make anyone mad, although as a right wing radical, I could really care less.Butjust to vocalize that the GOP does not cause people to get HIV....Here is a little tidbit that maybe some of your readers might think about..if your letter to this forum begins with.."Dear doctor, while I was over seas, I got really drunk, and went to see a sex worker in a area that has a high HIV rate.."...that might be a clue as to why HIV gets spread..and at no point has any of these letters said that there was also aGP senator or who ever else GOP was there also forcing them to do this....and if you do respond to this, or if any of your readers feel the need to respond if you post this..leave out all the kids in Africa that are HIV+...because it is HIV infected people that are still engage in risky behavior that are to blame as well for that.....

Jeff..GOP, hunter, tree killer, and proud.

Dear Hunter, Tree Killer, and Proud (?) GOP-Guy,

Why, oh why, would I even consider placing part of the blame for the World's AIDS Pandemic on the GOP??? Oh, I don't know, maybe because of:

1. Their 21-year history of consistently misguided legislative policies and/or inaction. 2. Failure to adequately contribute to the United Nation's Global AIDS, TB, and Malaria Fund. 3. Cutbacks in the UN Population Fund. 4. Ongoing attempts to decrease life-saving condom availability/distribution and equally life-saving appropriate sex education. 5. Altering scientific facts on government-run information Web sites. 6. Not letting Kami (the HIV-positive Muppet) into our country or on our TV airways!

I'm delighted you have decided to "remain celibate - for the time being." Good for you! That's your choice and I respect that. Can't you respect the choices that others might make, even if they are different from your own?

There are 42 million people living with HIV/AIDS in the world today; 3.2 million are children. I'm curious why you find it justifiable to "leave out all the kids in Africa who are HIV-positive?" Over 8,000 lives are snuffed out by this virus each and every day. Are they all personally to blame for their condition? I acquired the virus while caring for people with HIV/AIDS, and I can assure you I am no more innocent or guilty than anyone else in the world living with this scourge.

I think you sum up the Right Wing's attitude quite succinctly when you say, "as a right wing radical, I could care less!" I find it remarkable that it is even humanly possible to remain indifferent to the magnitude of this evolving world tragedy. As for what's running through your veins, well it may not be HIV, but it certainly isn't compassion either.

OK GOP-Guy, listen up. Not everyone in the world (or this country) is Christian, and not everyone is "saving it" for their wedding night (some of us can't even get legally married!). Everyone, however, deserves the "gospel" truth from our government about how to protect others and ourselves from HIV. The current GOP agenda led by faith-based abstinence-only ayatollahs is in many ways a weapon of mass destruction.

My sincere New Year's wish for you Mr. "Hunter, Tree Killer, Proud GOP-Guy," as well as for the GOP in general, is Enlightenment!

P.S. Why do you want to kill trees and hunt harmless creatures?

BONE MARROW GROWTH DISORDER AND PROCRIT
A QUICK ONE