sustiva

Vivid dreams are a bit of a problem. Do they subside over time? would another sleeping aid like hydroxyzine hcl or even benedryl help? or should i discuss a script for xanax? or is all this too much stress on my liver? In general, sustiva seems to be a very good drug and i want to keep taking it. I just don't like it messing with my sleep.

When I took Sustiva, I too was amazed at the vivid, very bizarre dreams! Actually, I quite liked them; however, I can certainly understand why many folks would find them somewhat alarming. The good news is that Sustiva's symptoms are often transient and usually subside spontaneously in 4-6 weeks. Depending on your other HIV meds, certain sleep aids can be used without unduly stressing your liver, or creating other problems. However I do recommend you talk to your HIV specialist before adding anything to your regimen to avoid adverse drug interactions. If the symptoms are persisting for more than 6-8 weeks, they may not subside on their own, in which case you'll have to decide whether or not a change in therapy is necessary. However, for now, try to hang in there for at least 4-6 weeks to see if you, like most other Sustiva users, will have only an initial transient problem with wild dreams.

Good luck and hopefully more pleasant dreams.

Clarification on Probability
Please help one last time I beg of you Cryptosporidium