Thank you for being who you are

Dr. Bob,

I have never written to you before but I have been on this site and your forum for a long time. I have to thank you for being so patient and so kind for us worried-wells (especially for all those encouragements). I have to say you are one of the person I respect the most now not for what you have been through but for your optimism and kindness.

I have been on this forum for quite a while because I was one of those who have been down the wrong path and was in search of answers and affirmations. I must say without you ( and Dr. Kull) I would never get myself to test and never live through the waiting period. It is your column and your answers that enlighted and comforted those who are desparate for emotional / psychological comfort and affirmation.

I have just passed my three month test and it is negative. Despite that I have never written to you I must say THANK YOU, for being there when we need you.

If I have enough money I will definitely make donation for your foundation. But given my current financial situation, I don't think that is an option. Is there any other way I can help / volunteer for those who are in need of help, or anything I can offer for those who went through the same situation as I did?

Your biggest fan.

ps. WHOOOOOOOOOO--HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Biggest Fan,

Just by writing in and sharing your experience you have touched many lives! It is I who should thank you.

Ways to help others? Local AIDS service organizations are always looking for volunteers to do everything from delivering hot meals to taking pet dogs for a walk. Give them a call if you have the time and energy to volunteer.

Second, do what you can to wake America up from its complacency about the HIV/AIDS global pandemic. Political priorities are presently horribly misguided. Spending money on multibillion Star Wars space shields that have been shown to be most likely not very protective against incoming missiles rather than pennies on latex condoms that are 98-100% protective against HIV, is pure lunacy.

Finally, a very Happy Healthy Holiday WOO-HOO to you and yours.

Merry Christmas
probability with menstarl blood present